What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resizing Images Real Small....Pixelation Problems

zone

I am new to photoshop and have played around with removing backgrounds and I am decent at that. I wanted to make a photo bangle bracelet but it requires me to remove the background and downsize the image to about 2 inches tall. The picture I am using are from a DSLR camera and high quality but when I resize they become very pixilated. I tried the image resize tool, I tried making a canvas the size I want and placing the photo and tried the reform resize and nothing seems to work.

What can I do to prevent the pixilation?

if your down sizing try reducing the resolution also

Have you played or changed the resolution like iDAD asked?

Try making the layer as a smart object...
Don't know if it'll work, just guessing.

are you viewing the image at right size?

When I print it, it looks pixilated.

Have you played or changed the resolution like iDAD asked?

When resolution should I put it at? If I have a file that is lets say 4752 x 3168 and 5mb when I reduce the image to 2 inches tall what should I set the resolution at? Maybe the problem is like what you and iDAD said when doing the image resize the default is 72 pixel/inch?

A fast way to do this would be to use your crop tool. Set your height and width along with your desired resolution. Use the crop tool to select the area you would like and viola.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-03-04 at 10.41.58 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-03-04 at 10.41.58 AM.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 15
Playing with the resolution seemed to have done the trick. thanks for all your help!

Glad you were able to get the problem fixed! Sometimes shrinking images like that can be a pain in the butt. On a side note, my curiosity has been spiked. You said you are using it to make a photo bracelet? I would love to see how it turns out in the end!

Back