What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Restoration: Photo of my daughter

David B.

Hello :)

Restoration of a favourite photograph requested - my daughter and 'Suki' - taken about 25 years ago.

I received some great help here last year when I asked for a photograph of my granddad, killed during the fist world war, to be renovated. I was really pleased with the result and so was my sister!

The photograph attached, in a frame, was somehow subjected to water damage and set aside when we moved house some 16 years ago. My wife has recently unearthed it but, sadly, the photograph is now stuck onto much of the glass. I have, therefore, scanned it whilst still attached to the glass so will understand if nobody here can improve/enhance the image. The only important part is my daughter and our cat - none of the background is required or is relevant.

If anyone can produce a 'picture' which my wife and I can once again enjoy, we will be 'over the moon'. Our granddaughters might enjoy seeing this image of their mum too! :unicorn:

Thanks.

fullsizeoutput_15b8.jpeg

Wow! :eek:

Amazing work - thank you so very much. :bowdown:

I've printed it off and showed to my wife. She, too, is thrilled! :thumbsup:

D.

polarwoc, for the shirt, I found a "heather" fabric texture online (Google Images is my go-to source when searching for images); then I matched the size and coloration of the texture (brightness/contrast/blur) to match the existing shirt; then used the "warp" tool to match the fabric orientation and shape to appear to fit her shoulders; I used a soft-edge, large eraser to blend the edges with the existing shirt as best I could. Did the same for the shirt at her neck, but got a bit lazy and didn't "warp" at all. Did some "dodge and burn" to create the shading and folds.
Cheers, Carl

polarwoc, for the shirt, I found a "heather" fabric texture online (Google Images is my go-to source when searching for images); then I matched the size and coloration of the texture (brightness/contrast/blur) to match the existing shirt; then used the "warp" tool to match the fabric orientation and shape to appear to fit her shoulders; I used a soft-edge, large eraser to blend the edges with the existing shirt as best I could. Did the same for the shirt at her neck, but got a bit lazy and didn't "warp" at all. Did some "dodge and burn" to create the shading and folds.
Cheers, Carl
Excellent work!Thanks for taking the time out to explain.

My further thanks are extended to 'carlbush' and 'polarwoc'. :joy:

I do recognise how much time and effort you have expended on this exercise so I'm not going to pick a winner - you are ALL outstanding folk and I really appreciate what you have done!

I tip my hat to you all! :hat-tip:

David

Back