What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Results change once Uploaded to the net

dbix

Greetings all,

I have a problem, a very frustrating one I cannot seem to solve... After I'm done creating something on Photoshop CS2, I save a copy of the image as a jpg, then upload it onto the net. I've been doing it for years... Just recently I got a laptop and put photoshop onto it, and every single picture I upload onto the internet seems to be enlarged in size, and instead of a sharp crisp picture I see in my photoshop, it's all grainy, blurry, and just looks terrible... Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

sPECtre

Guru
"Does anyone know how to fix this?"

Welcome! we won't be able to help you if you do not give us specifics about your problem: the resolution of the files, how you save them, how you upload them (what program), if it is on a regular website, or a content one (Flicker, etc.)

dbix

The Resolution of my comp is 1600 X 1200, but I have already gone all the way down to 800 X 600 to try and see if it was my resolution affecting the image. The Resolution of the images are 72 pixels. I save the original file as a psd. file, and then I save another copy that can be uploaded onto the web as a JPG. Uploading them I just use a free web-based uploading site called "Free Image Hosting" (www.freeimagehosting.net).

To re-state my problem, my art looks great on photoshop, but after uploading onto the net it seems to increase in pixel size (although properties state the same as photoshop size), its grainy, blurry, and downright ugly. I know it's not just a silly error like I'm zoomed out to 50% of the image when I'm working with it in photoshop... It's something else...

Anyways thanks for the quick reply.

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
Welcome. ;)

You compare the image that you uploaded with the image in Photoshop, however did you look at the actual files with an image browser before you uploaded them (I don't mean the original PSD files, I mean the actual files that you created with Save for Web).

I could be wrong, but it could be that you're using the wrong settings. But if you really want a quick answer; attach an example to one of your posts and upload that same file also to freeimagehosting and post the link on this forum. I'm close to 100% sure there is a simple solution, but now it's a bit like searching in the dark.

bblacj

how about resizing the image itself? go into images>image size there you can adjust the size of the pixels of the image itsself. If they too big when uploaded then go there and make image smaller and try using the bicubic sharpner too