What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Processing Retouching, sizing, file types for making large high quality prints

Maxroadrash

I've been searching without much luck for info, tips,hints,etc. concerning making large museum quality prints. I suspect there are several pitfalls and I'd like to be more aware of what to be concerned about in advance.
I realize this is a big subject and perhaps not for this platform but any advise is welcome.
TIA

Hi TIA. Yeah it can be a bit messy to begin with. I have designed some large signs before for shops. I used InDesign and designed at around 25 percent full size. So example 12ft sign at 36 inches. In vector this then scales up. And using any images at 300dpi so when they are doubled in size they are 150dpi. Bla bla. If you have any questions let me know I'll try and help where i can. I just pass a pdf design to the printers and they make it massive. If you find a good printers they will always help you with requirements etc.. some are idiots and assume you should no everything lol. I've only just started to learn about Pantone colours, it's none stop learning this design lark.

Thanks

Rick

Back