What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ripples or what ?

Hi again, I'm unable to get this effect , is it a filter or what ? How to achieve this result ? I have tried distort > ripple and ocean ripple already. (I'm talking about the background , the cloth)

i-love-you-urdu-2.jpg

[innocent]

Well, that was too quick for beginners like me, I couldn't find any satin Pattern at all, Neither I could understand the first explaination. :(

The Satin Pattern can be found under the Bubbles pattern, next to the Rusted Metal.

You can also try using the Chrome filter on a rendered/clouds background. Lock the transparency of the layer then use Liquify to create the folds you want. After you are done, use hue/saturation to colorize it.

Oh well, Here's satin pattern on a new layer (multiply blend mode), I don't know if it would work for a cloth image or not but it worked on a pink gradient layer though. [sleepy]

Evil Nemesis, you've got to observe what you are trying to recreate.

Look at the top pic. Do you see any black? No? Then, why are you setting a chrome layer on multiply? You aren't trying to make it dark. [upset]

What blend modes or tools can you use to make areas bright? \:]

Observe. Think it through. Then paint it.

Back