What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'rounded corners' quick tip (pipes, wires)

vogonpoet

Just made this to try and answer a question at another forum regarding 'rounded corners' so I thought I may as well post it here for anyone who is making 'pipes' or any shape really that requires rounded corners. Basically the same as an older post here about 'tabs' with one rounded corner, but may as well post it for those that it might help :)

Just an fyi

sfm

Guru
cool thanks........ I haven't really done much with the pen tool because I don't know how to use it really although I did a heart once but I forget how I did it! [saywhat] perhaps now I can have another play with it so it will be on my list to play with he he he
sfm

Thumbs UP

Good Tut = Thanks
Joy

ChosenWon

I'm going nuts trying to do this! I'm using 7.0 on xp but as soon as I do the first step, i get a colored triangle in the middle the color of my forground. :( I'd give a screen shot but this is my workcomputer and I have PS installed in my secondary system.(no 'net access)

History reads like this:

new shape layer
new anchor point
new anchor point
add anchor point
add anchor point
delete anchor point
drag segment
drag segment

CSS round corners

This is sorta off the point but maybe someone will know.

Can I make rounded corners in CSS dotted lines?

The code is:

TABLE { border-style : dashed;
border-width : 1;
border-color : #3366CC;
}

Seems like I read about that somewhere..now..of course...can't find code.

Thanks
Joy

lindaw

Power User
I know instead of using dashed you can use inset, grove, ridge or outset. Never tried those so I am not sure if this is what you need. Looked in the CSS coding book and I haven't seen anything so far other than the above commands.

**I did a search on google.com for curve border + css and there a several tuts on how to create the effect you want with css.

CSS dotted box round corners???

Thanks for responding Linda. Yep know about other styles, but I was wondering if I could make the corners round using CSS code ( example one) . Example 2 is what I have now using the box table code.

I would rather not use gifs or jpgs to design the boxes in -- I was hoping to write them with css so they can change shape if the parameters change or chart encounters browser variances.

--And I like round corners better than square ones. Maybe its not possible to write them in using CSS. In that case, I'll use square.

Thanks again.
Joy

lindaw

Power User
Lemme look just a bit this morning. I can find several tuts on that but they are not in english! Atleast give me French so I can read it! Will get back with ya soon. Couldn't look much last night thanks to the major storms here on the East Coast!

Possibility? Maybe

Hi Linda --thanks for your help. I found this in:
http://www.dwfaq.com/Snippets/snippet_details.asp?
A snippet they claim will work on latest browsers. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. It actually looks like a background color box but it does have a border call-out so maybe can be tweaked for my use.

I'm anxious to try.

SnipID=113

table{
-moz-border-radius: 15px;
background-color : #cccc99;
border : 1px solid #000000;
font-family : Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size : 12px;
padding-left : 5px;
padding-right : 5px;
}

Joy

<!--
Use the @import method to hide aspects of this CSS from NN4, modify the radius, colour and border properties to suit.
The radius fails in IE6

lindaw

Power User
Cool, glad you found something. I don't use DW. I code from scratch and I pulled in all my "geeks" and none of us could find a code that would work across the board from scratch. I always code for IE, NS 4 and 6, and Opera. Really hard to make all of those happy!

Linda

Yep,

I see this snippet only works on NN6 - so all the other browsers go to square corners. he he he.

Wow about hand code; I know, much smaller and better code when done by hand - especially javascript. Good for you! I'm just too lazy. Its easier and faster for me to correct Dreamweaver and add code where it's lacking. (like round corners) he he he

Dreamweaver is really fast for disjointed rollovers, which can be miserably time consuming when I try to do by hand.

And to top off my day, now the client doesn't think he wants dotted boxes!!! I've got to find a business that doesn't require begging! , he he he

Thanks
Joy