What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Sand dune color and contrast

esh36photo

I have spent forever trying to get this image to look decent bc I cannot seem to get the color or the contrast correct. The sand frpm the upper and lower peaks comes out looking too yellow, and there is way too much contrast for my liking. Help would be much appreciated.

Contrast_Color.jpg

Certainly open for artistic interpretation. I made it a Smart Object and made some tonal/color adjustments and then added a Gradient Adjustment Layer so the gray tones would scale in color more realistically (in my mind). I adjusted to tone in the middle dunes to be a bit more interesting as well.
Hope this helps
John Wheeler

Sand-Dunes-Color-Gradient-Adjustment-Layer.jpg

Certainly open for artistic interpretation. I made it a Smart Object and made some tonal/color adjustments and then added a Gradient Adjustment Layer so the gray tones would scale in color more realistically (in my mind). I adjusted to tone in the middle dunes to be a bit more interesting as well.
Hope this helps
John Wheeler

View attachment 95252
thebestcpu I like it a lot! I have never used a gradient adjustment layer before, so that's definitely something I need to look into playing around with. But what you've done looks exactly like what I had in my head. Thank you so much!

thebestcpu I like it a lot! I have never used a gradient adjustment layer before, so that's definitely something I need to look into playing around with. But what you've done looks exactly like what I had in my head. Thank you so much!
You're welcome.
John Wheeler

Back