What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Save a super moderator

Here's my 5 minute attempt. Use airbrush at 100% opacity, 50% flow, with color blend mode.

Rich

five-minute-version.jpg

That is a nice job, Rich. The rather surrealistic result is much more interesting than trying for a totally realistic coloring job. :}

Thanks guys. :) Looking back at it now I think a more interesting approach would have been to make the trees Fall colors. I think it would have framed the bridge a little better. With that I would also have shifted the water color a bit and allow it to reflect the Fall colors in the trees. Oh well, maybe next time.

Rich

Rich - you really added the drama the picture needed. See there is a time when a good photo is just not enough.

Rich,
Get job. I've never tried that so I used your suggestions at the top of the image to try my hand at colorization. I could not find the color "blend" mode in the drop down box, though. What did I miss?

Thanks

Hi Lee,

Take a look here. I'm using PS 7. I meant "Color" blend mode not color "Blend" mode. Sorry for the confusion.

Rich

color-blend-mode.jpg

Back