What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

save guides position

nitea

I searched over the web , about how to save the position of the guides and use it on different files. May be I'm not the first who ask, but still can't find an answer. What i mean is .. I have a client that wants me to make all of his images on 1200 x 1600 px and every different product I have to align differently. Will be a time saver if you could save somehow the guides position and run it as a template on the next image you work.
For now I did an empty psd template with white BG of each product guides position .. but this cost me much confusions with saving them as separate files.
If you do know a better time saving method please "light me up" :banghead:

Are the guides going to be in the exact same position every time?

Yes ..the guides should be on exact position for same products, if I have to work jewelry and i have let say necklaces, all should be align, if i have to work earrings...they should be all align as well, but my guides will be on different position for the earrings ...

You might be able to start an action recording when you set the guides the first time, name it, start recording, stop it once the guides are set, then rerun the action each time. Otherwise, I don't think you can make a template as such, unless you simply do each piece on a separate layer (make into named group so the document doesn't get to have a cumbersome layers panel) and you will be using the same guides. If the doc gets to big, resetting the exact guides on a new doc wouldn't be so big a deal since you're doing a multitude in one document.

You might be able to start an action recording when you set the guides the first time, name it, start recording, stop it once the guides are set, then rerun the action each time.

Yes Clare, the action was what I was going to suggest as well! I use actions to set my guides all the time.

Good idea! Thank you both, just did a new record .. it's actually what I was looking for. Even I recorded the layer resize exactly how my client wants it, no need to go canvas size to do it manually for each product, I can set up even more ...didn't know about this option.. really powerful...thank you again!

oh sorry not the right phrase .. I mean canvas size :) I recorded the guides position and the image resizing. I was excited and my thoughts ran faster than my fingers ;)

Back