What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saved jpgs show editng marks on client's pc.

acedesigns

Photoshop 22

Mac running Catalina

Saved jpgs show editng marks on client's pc after emailing - file looks fine on my mac.

This is a new recent problem The client says the last set of photos were "poor" too, but she had not said anything. I am editing dark bottles that the client want darkening more, marks taken off labels etc. On the both the screen on my mac laptop and my second screeen, and if I reopen the attached jpg I email her, the image looks fine, but when she recieves it it is not full opacity and you can see various marks where I have edited the file, even though it is flattened. The images are unusable for her web site as she recieves them. They are cc'd to her manager and he gets the same problem. They are the same when she loads them into canva.

Photoshop is also running very slow and sometime not carrying out commands until after a save.

I have never seen the image issue before. Is it related to a memory issue? Help and ideas appreciated as this is a major customer and I edit for them all the time and also have events photos to edit but can't have this issue with those either.

essican-purelife-thc-free-cbd-in -mct-1000mg.jpg

Hello
This is what I see when opening the file
It is difficult for me to comment
It would be good if you could specify what would be considered as
"edition marks" that cause the image to be incorrect.

Maybe members of the forum are more experienced and will be able to put their finger on the problem.
2023-01-12_08-28-13-544.png

@thebestcpu is the most knowledgeable tech here. But just playing with this, if you go to the top menu, click View -> Clear Guides in the PSD file, and then save as, the guidelines won't show up in the saved jpg image.

From what I've read, the guidelines are saved in the metadata of the image so they should be removed before saving.

*EDIT- to bring back the guides after saving, just hit CNTRL + Z (CMND+Z on Mac) in the original PSD file and the guides will return.

Last edited:
Hi @acedesigns
A couple suggestions for you

1) When you send images to clients via email, the email service may be modifying you image making it lower quality. I suggest providing a link to a file sharing service so the client gets the exact file you wanted to provide. This by itself would not explain all of your problems

2) I suggest if you are saving JPG files that you use the Save for Web functionality and have it remove all but the copyright if you need that. Your files were chock full of all sorts of metadata that I believe are cause most of your issues. The metadata included among other things the guides and also a work path.

I passed your JPEG back through SFW and removed the metadata and the image was then free of guides and the other items that showed up.

I bet if you follow both steps above the clients will have not problem seeing the correct image.

I would also note that your image did include an embedded color space which was sRGB. I encourage you to make sure on output that it is always the case and that you clients are viewing the image with color managed software which will help have the correct colors displayed.

Hope this helps
John Wheeler

essican-purelife-thc-free-cbd-in--mct-1000mg-SFW.jpg

Saved jpgs show editng marks on client's pc after emailing
Please describe what you mean by editing marks!!!????

Are you referring to the guides and path?
Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 8.29.41 AM.png

I suggest providing a link to a file sharing service so the client gets the exact file you wanted to provide. This by itself would not explain all of your problems
YES!!!

If you don't want the guides, go to VIEW > CLEAR GUIDES, before saving the file to be sent to client.
Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 8.15.00 AM.png

I mean, if you press Windows + Shift + S the selected part goes already to the snipping tool which allows basic editing.
I can't see anywhere in this thread and it's posts where this was mentioned..............why did you state this? I'm not sure why anyone would use the snipping tool here, unless you are just sending screen shots?

I suggest if you are saving JPG files that you use the Save for Web functionality and have it remove all but the copyright if you need that.
YES!!
If you are using "Save As", it will leave guides and paths. Using "Export/Save for Web", it will strip the guides and paths.

Back