What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving a different file extension

shellfish

Hi, I'm trying to have photoshop automate file saving to a different file extension. I need to save it to .rgba file format and not sgi. How can I set it so that it will always save in the .rgba file format and not always have to manually change the extension?

shellfish

How do you save a file into a RGBA file format and not its parented file SGI without always having to edit the file's extension from .sgi to .rgba for every image file I want to save out from photoshop? example- photoshop (*.PSD, *.PDD, .*PSDT ) I want it to always save as PSDT file extension and not PSD file extension at the end of all my saved files?

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
As far as I know, there is no built in method to save a .psdt directly from Photoshop without modifying the file extension manually. Can probably do it with a script, maybe one of our script gurus can help you.

Last edited:

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Hang in there, we do have some very knowledgeable script experts here. It may take some time, but maybe one of them can steer you in the right direction.