What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving as tiff in a action

dbazuin

Hi,

I have a action that I use to convert RGB JPG files to CMYK. After it is done I save the file as tiff.

I want it so that the action does the save as tiff bit, but when I at the save as tiff bit to the action it remembers the loacation where a saved it. Instead I want it to save it in the same folder as the original JPG. So I can use it for different folders with JPG files in it.

I hope someone here can help.

Greetings Dirk

D

Dodo

dbazuin/Dirk

Use File --> Automate --> Batch. You can then specify the action, the input & ouput folder, as well as file naming conventions. You can then override any undesired "save as" settings.

dbazuin

Thank you Dodo.

I have tried that but it is nog exactly what I want. I dont want to set the folder everytime, I want PS to save the tiff in the same folder as the original jpg just as it does it a do a normal save.

I think it most be posible but cant get it right.

Greetings Dirk

heathrowe

try File/Automate/Create Droplet

Similar to the Batch option, except this creates an executable in which you drag and drop your images folder onto it, your action is perfomed in that folder.

heathrowe

Lynny

I have a folder especially for the finished images to go into. When I have finished doing files for a specfic folder, I cut and paste them to the folder they are suppose to go in.

dbazuin

I tried the droplet idear but even then I can get it to save the tif in the same folder as where the jpg came from.

So I think the idear of haveing a temporary store folder from Lynny is the way to go for now.

Thanks guys