What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving layers as seperate files for A LOT of PSD

cristalgri

I have about 200 psd. Each one has 3 layers that I need to save as PNG (so 600 PNG).
I tried to create an action with the function "Quick Export as PNG" but it seems to be one of those things that can not be put inside an action.
Any suggestion to solve this issue? It's impossible to do all the 200 psd by hand!

Hi @cristalgri
You did not mention which version of Photoshop you are using.

If you are using a recent version of PS look into File > Export > Export Layers to Files

If your are using older versions of PS then it is found under File > Scripts>Export Layers to Files

Hope this gives you another path to explore
John Wheeler

Thx
Unfortunely I knew those options and none of them are ok to be added inside an action.

I have photoshop CC 2019

...it seems to be one of those things that can not be put inside an action.
...none of them are ok to be added inside an action.

Are you sure?

I have the 'Export Layers to Files' script working just fine in an action, and in CC 2019 too.

What exactly is the problem you are having?

Regards.
MrToM.

Oh, no I'm not. Actually I tried all the options except that one. And I just found that "Export Layers to Files" is ok inside an action. Sry about wasting your time and thanks to both, thebestcpu and MrTom!

Back