What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scanning and saving to a useable format

osmozo45

Hope this isn't too dumb a question. I scanned a document into photoshop program as that was the only choice given. I need to be able to edit this document and/or email. I tried to save it in a couple of the format choices. Nothing is working. I don't know what format to use as .doc is not available. I tried the pdf, giff, bmp, etc. Please help and thanks.

What sort of document is it ?
Photoshop is the only save option your scanner offers ?
The "Save As" option in Photoshop offers 17 formats to save as, among them pdf, gif, and bmp.
Not sure I`m understanding the question....

Your image will be rastered in PS and will look like crap. It won't be editable either. It wouldn't be editable even if you have Word and had a way of scanning into it. Fonts don't work that way. A scanned image is a virtual picture and has no embedded font metadata. It wouldn't be editable in a more sophisticated set up such as Acrobat Pro with Pitstop

Unless your scanner has OCR software, but that doesn`t seem to be the case.

My reply was made under the assumption that ozmozo45 didn't have optical character recognition software. Otherwise, he wouldn't have posed the question. ya think?

Back