What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Scarf on this photo of my great grandad

amybeth1998

Hi there
I have managed to find an old photo on ancestry of my great grandad. But I would like him to have a red polka dot scarf/neckerchief. I used software to render the picture quality but it hasn’t picked up the scarf or his jacket so if it could be photoshopped to show his clothing that would be brilliant . I have attached his photo and what his neckerchief looked like. I hope this is enough? Thank you in advance ☺️

C2AD5336-2EA0-4C9A-B82B-2A75044C70C7.jpeg

727869C6-FA44-425B-9148-56DCD5C35E38.jpeg

Rich54

Guru
Wow, that's pretty bad. I had delusions that I could improve on your initial rendering, but now I won't even try.
There is software called FFT (fast fourier transform) that can sometimes address something like this, but I don't know how to do it. It may be exactly what you've already done.

amybeth1998

Wow, that's pretty bad. I had delusions that I could improve on your initial rendering, but now I won't even try.
There is software called FFT (fast fourier transform) that can sometimes address something like this, but I don't know how to do it. It may be exactly what you've already done.
To be honest the MyHeritage software did most of the work (as pictured) I just used photo editing apps to add colour and tone and definition . Thank you for doing the clothes and scarf !

95BA7D46-DF4D-4C67-A4B9-A2AE83911CC5.jpeg

JeffK

Guru
I've never done it but decided to take a try. Downloaded the action and some info at

There's so much detail missing that even though the pattern can be near eliminated, I suspect the algorithm that provides the edited image may have swapped out parts. Did the best I could for a first try and also colorized a bit. Bit of a labor but these are important images to try and repair.
Hope this helps.
- Jeff

grandad fft edited.jpg