What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

scratch disk error on Windows XP

thanks Gaus I will go back to the wacom site and take a look
sfm

Yeah Sue there are two updates to the one you have I believe. Might be the problem. Those darn drivers!:shocked:

What version of Acrobat did you load? I had a bit of an issue when I loaded Acrobat on my system with Pshop. My pref would reset to the default with no set pattern as to why or when they would do that. Don't know what this had to do with it but I found my java jar files were damaged after the acrobat install and when I reinstalled the java program all was well. I found where some people have the same problem because we all use netscape as the default browser. Not sure if this applies but that was the fix. I think it is your wacom drivers. I use the old ones as my system setup is happier with those and they work fine. Like I said in the previous post there have been two updates to the drivers so you may want to try that if none of the other applies. You will get it Sue. You are savy with computers girl!:D

Originally posted by lindaw
I think it is your wacom drivers. I use the old ones as my system setup is happier with those and they work fine.

Good point Linda .:perfect:
Most time people are advised to download the latest version, but I agree with Linda; sometimes it's better to use an older version of a driver. I know of a lot of Nvidia video card issues that can be solved by using an older version of the driver

I bought the new one 5.0 and update of 0.5 so I have 5.0.5 and yes I have a Nvidia GeForce 2MX 400 or what ever video card

I haven't had the chance to update the new drivers yet and this morning I have to go to the airport so it won't be until later on today that I get the chance to look at the drivers........... funny thing is that ever since I set the scratch disk to c drive it has been fine opening up and not changing anything [confused] perhaps I should wait to see if it happens again before changing anything :\
sfm

Yeah I would wait Sue if the changing of the scratch disk fixed it for now. On you NVIDIA drivers....I can't update mine as I use PCAnywhere for my network systems and there is an issue with the new drivers and that program and when I update I get the BSOD and Windows will not boot. The bad thing with problems like yours is there are so many factors that may or may not help or hurt your system depending on your setup and all the progams you use. I have a lot of lic software on my system and telnet programs due to the fact we run a network here for data storage, email server, dns servers and web servers so I have to be really careful what I update. I always try to go to the most current drivers, etc but I make sure I have a good drive image before I do so I can be back up in minutes if the system barfs. Sounds like it is working for you now. I know that was a fix I used for network support at the last company I worked for as they did not want anything more then a C drive/partition on any machine:shocked: Crazy. Nor did they want drive images....I spent most of my network admin time rebuilding machines because someone wanted to download a cute game and blew up their system. [upset]

understand totally Linda......... we get so many.......... just loaded this game and now...................... that it is not funny [confused] I hate games except for my backgammon (sp?) but it is a dos game so I am safe he he he
sfm

Back