What's new

Screen captures?

Lompoc42

8 years of photoshop experience and i don't know how to do screen captures. Can someone tell me how? Or is there just a 3rd party software?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I've been using PS since version 2 and I learned this only last year :rofl: :rofl: . Welcome to the club of late comers.

Very tedious process - Whenever you see something on screen you want, PRESS THAT PRINT SCREEN KEY ON YOUR KEYBOARD TO COPY THE SCREEN IMAGE, Open new image file in PS and press CTRL + V. Done :rofl: :rofl: .

Hope this is what yer after ;\

vee

wbiss

Guru
:perfect: Right on Vee! :rofl:

It's also worth mentioning that pressing the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard copies the screen capture to your system clipboard. I mention this 'cause often times I forget that I have something on the clipboard that I wanted to 'print' but before having the time to do so, I use the clipboard again only to discover that my image is gone. [confused] Terribly frustrating when it's a web page that you didn't bm ... if you get my drift! ;) I now keep a shortcut to my clipboard on my desktop! :)

Erik

Guru
I'll have to look for it, but there's an app that allows you to use several clipboards at the same time...

wbiss

Guru
pdog182, I run with Windows XP and, although I have never had to "clear it" for sluggish performance reasons, I could easily do so by opening up the clipboard and going to edit/delete! ;) Another good reason to keep a shortcut to it on your desktop!

But, you do indeed make a good point! ;) Your clipboard will hold an image until you've closed every software program that you have running or you manually delete it! 8[

B7 Erik, I've heard about that multiple clipboard thingy! I understand that WindowsXP has the capability of running something similar and I confess that I haven't had this O/S long enough to have delved deeply into that function. But from what little I've seen of it, it appears to be too complicated for my simple needs... ;\

Erik

Guru
Huh? Wendy modest??? Simple needs? Where's your pride girl? Only the best is hardly good enough for you!!!

sfm

Guru
good idea Wendy re the short cut thingy........ now how he he he I mean not how but where is it?
my system get's really sluggish and I would reboot 4 times per day at least but then I do have open mail, ps, IR and dreamweaver all day long and the files are always over 50MB ;\ yeah okay I am running 98 not XP but hubby is too busy at the moment to put it on but at this reboot rate I am going to have to just put my system up on the bench and say "do it" [upset] ha ha ha
I know I have digressed here a bit but just want to ask........ does anyone else have to reboot as often as I do? ;\ or is 98 really that memory bad :\
sfm

wbiss

Guru
Erik! :rofl: ;\ :p

wbiss

Guru
Sue, the shortcut to your clipboard, as I can best recall, can be accessed through your Windows Start button. I believe that it's listed under "Accessories". Otherwise, check your Windows/System or System32 folder! ;)

As for your sluggish performance and re-booting problem, I'm not a techie, but I have noticed that keeping IR open (unless you're using it constantly) just isn't worth it on an "if come" basis. This program definitely seems to be a REAL RAM HOG!!!

Just my experience... ;)

pdog182

weird. . . I still can't find it. I'm running xp home and it's not anywhere under accessories. I even did a system search, but no luck.

wbiss

Guru
pdog182 I hear ya! ;) I remember going through this sort of thing when I first got XP. For some weird reason, they've excluded it from the Windows Accesories folder! [confused] Go to Windows/System32... the icon looks like this

wbiss

Guru
And calling it "ClipBook Viewer" doesn't make it any easier to find when doing a search! [confused]

Nice to know that you've found it pdog182! :)

Stroker

Power User
Back when I was doing my Pui Pui thing, I used MWSnap. It has *tons* of features. Awesome little program. And it's free!

http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

I just did a quick check, and it doesn't use the clipboard unless you tell it to (Edit > Copy).

wbiss

Guru
:perfect: Stroker! And the price is right! :D Thanks for the link! :perfect:

;) Nice to see that you've got your real identity back!

Erik

Guru
Sue, I run win2KSP3 on a PIII 800 with 512ram for some fifteen months now, and I never had to reboot up to now. But I never use IR, nor keep apps open when I don't need them all the time.
If I may say so: ask your H for a new HDD, and keep this one , just in case... You'll always have the complete backup, and if needed, you just re install this one, and you can go on rebboting. Errr...working [saywhat] :p

sfm

Guru
When hubby gets the chance he is going to coppy this hard drive to another, put XP on this one and if it all goes wrong then like you said I will have a back up....... just the rebooting is driving me nuts!
I always jump to IR then close when I am done but obviously that is enough to hog all the memory........ sometimes even jumping to IR I get the message ........ there is not enough memory to complete the task [upset] and that is just open and read the file! ;\ with the 512 DDR 2700 ram I thought it would be enough and I have never had this much before but it is now that I am running into probes..... the faster these systems get the more fickle they become!
sfm