What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screwed Up

Vafann

Guru
I have been working on this all day, and I have been trying to do things right, I even followed a tutorial a bit, and still I screwed it up. Oh well, I have learned a few new things today at least, and I also know what I really need to try over again anf hope to get it right. I was trying to make a typographic poster again...

typ-färdig-för-krymp.jpg

iDad

Guru
i like the texture applied to this

Vafann

Guru
i like the texture applied to this

Thank you Idad, that is what I was doing when I needed help with merging groups, I have been typing and working on that text texture like crazy, and then I pretty much ruined it, and I thought that I knew how to use displacement maps, not today though lol. But now I think I know what to do next time.:)

luna

This is good work, give yourself some credit :) ,I left a response to your feedback on my work(dreams)I think it will help you (not in this work, but generally in fotomanipulations)

Vafann

Guru
This is good work, give yourself some credit :) ,I left a response to your feedback on my work(dreams)I think it will help you (not in this work, but generally in fotomanipulations)

Thank you Luna, it´s kind of ok I guess, but it´s not at all how I had planned it, but I know more now, so I will try again all over again, and will keep trying everything all over again until I get it right. :) I will check out your response. :)

Hoogle

Guru
more creative than the 1 I did the other week for someones profile picture on facebook
216161_1885840422528_1136910730_3997746_5122016_n.jpg

Vafann

Guru
I think its good! I have seen some typographic posters, but I have never tryed myself. I understand its difficult.
But I think you have done a great job, and It would be fun to try it some day. :)

Thank you Cindy! You think it´s good too? I think it´s so strange that usually when I think something is pretty good almost nobody else does or at least understands it lol, and when I do somethat I think sucks, people like it LOL! I suppose it´s because people can´t see inside my head, if they had seen what I was really attempting to do, compared to the outcome, they would have thought it sucked as well. Lol.

I am sure if you tried to make something like that, it would blow everybody away ! :)

Vafann

Guru
I agree with the other comments. I think you are being hard on yourself. Of course, since we can't see your vision, we can only judge what we do see. And it's interesting and cool Vafann!

Thank you Clare! I guess you´re right, if you had known what it was SUPPOSED to look like (I don´t know how to make italics here) you would have thought that it was terrible too LOL. It really isn´t all that bad then I guess, and I am kind of proud of myself for at least trying as hard as I did, doing all that typing and changing the letters around and things was really painstaking, and I did learn some new tecniques (sp?) along the way. I am going to try again though. I did save a copy of all the writing layers (I think) so I am going to give it another go. :)

Vafann

Guru
more creative than the 1 I did the other week for someones profile picture on facebook
View attachment 6834

Oh yours is cool Hoogle! I can see that you only used one word in the same size, so that was easier I suppose, and did what I was going to do first, have a black background and white text, that works really well with that, I hade that at first, but thought that it turned out too dark. Yours look very clean and organized compared to my more sloppy version (I wonder if this things like this can be a reflection of ones personality lol), and also you got the displacement map thing right, which I almost totally failed at this time. I am going to try again though.

Thanks again! :)