What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Script with Generative Fill Batch Script

SharronHiggins

I would like to cut the time processing alot of photos using a script that has a step using generative fill,
My action involves a simple process: selecting an area, using generative fill, and then saving the image. While the action itself works as intended, the processing speed is quite slow, especially when dealing with a large number of photos. I have thousands of photos to process, and the current speed is becoming a bottleneck.

I've done some research and attempted a few strategies to speed up the process, but I haven't had much success so far. I explored the possibility of using threaded actions, hoping to run multiple instances of the script simultaneously, but it seems that Photoshop only allows for one instance to run at a time. I also looked into using Sandboxie to run multiple versions of Photoshop, which worked to some extent, but it keeps prompting me to specify the save location for each file and doesn't honor the override option I set in the script.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

You will likely run out of generative fill credits very fast!

Back