What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Manipulation Sea Star

jbouvett

My First manipulation still not convinced that the sea has good blending, used 3 photos to do it, Moon, Background & Sea.

Seastars.png

Your composition looks bit off because stars never touch the horizon where the sea meets the sky.
Maybe it would help to google for reference images. Try with "full moon and stars". There are lots of images that could inspire you.

Argos

Guru
It's a nice composition, I'm not a fan of the colour cast in the image do.

First it reminds me to a space waterfall like the Thor movies XD, but it would be a weird one with almost no water, but you never what you can find in space XDD, but if that was your idea, the faded blurry edges don't help.

Cheeers!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not a bad start! Keep up the good work!

First it reminds me to a space waterfall like the Thor movies XD, but it would be a weird one with almost no water,
LOL! I thought the same thing at first!

Maybe it's supposed to be a sea of stars maybe? Not sure what you are going for here. If so, perspective could be changed.

Also no a huge fan of the color cast.

jbouvett

The first thing I tried to do was to change the sky to a better one and a dramatic photo, you made me aware what was the problem the sea touching the sky I couldn't pin point the problem to be honest.
Change a little bit the structure focused more on One subject rather then sea sky and moon.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK..........nice effort. I like the overall theme but for me the moon is far too bright, large, and overwhelming. There's a compositional guideline called the RULE OF THIRDS you may want to check it out.