What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selection tools problem

swimmingly

The problem I am experiencing is when I make a selection with any of the tools, and modify border than delete; I get a feathered effect around selection. I have set feather to zero, and have also reset tools to defaults, but still cannot get a clean, sharp edge. This has happened before, and the only thing I could come up with to fix the problem was reinstall. I am just wondering if anybody else has experienced this, or am I just doing somthing wrong.

Thanks for any feed back.

Well, it depends on the original selection. It could have some kind of bizzare feathing data already, or it could be that you've tried to resize your selection or it could be that you're trying to add too much of a border and photoshop is freaking out. I couldn't say without more specific details though.

The selection is anti-aliasing when you modify > set pixel size.
It is just the nature of the beast.
Use the subtract from selection option instead.
This will give a sharp clean edge.

Al.

Back