What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Self Portrait Help Request

Ben Wiseman

Hello
i have been trying to play around with this photo of me for a while and i cant get anything i like, i am new to photoshop and not sure about alot things, can you play around with it so i can see what can be done be creative im not looking for anything in particular!
cheers
benjjjj.jpg

Those are WIKED!!! How did you do these?? Paul i am LMAO never would of thought i'd suit a beard lol

Just a new layer with some guys face on it, made a mask layer then painted it through, altered settings and there you go mate.

Just wanted to try and create an effect I see a lot lately from iphone shots must be an app that does it.

jjjj-Edit.jpg

Spent about three Cure albums worth of time on this guy.

I did a lot of smoothing. Removing blemishes with the healing brush.
Evened out tone roughly with a mixer brush treatment.
Transformed this dude a little bit to reduce the focus on his hand.
Evened out color/ tone further with adjustment layers and a little more mixer brushing.
Did a vignette kind of thing, faded it back.
Did some more adjustments, blah blah blah.
Duplicated the image and executed a hi pass with a relatively high radius, faded the shadows out with "blend if"
Did another hi pass using only noise the faded out the highlights in "blend if"
More adjustments.....

I admit that the mask is a bit hard around the top of his hair, and there are some refine edge artifacts around his nose. whateves.

One thing that i really like about working on forum images is they are almost always lores. All those compression artifacts really let me focus on the big picture instead of worrying about making the image pixel perfect
.jjjj.jpg

Last edited:
Spent about three Cure albums worth of time on this guy.

I did a lot of smoothing. Removing blemishes with the healing brush.
Evened out tone roughly with a mixer brush treatment.
Transformed this dude a little bit to reduce the focus on his hand.
Evened out color/ tone further with adjustment layers and a little more mixer brushing.
Did a vignette kind of thing, faded it back.
Did some more adjustments, blah blah blah.
Duplicated the image and executed a hi pass with a relatively high radius, faded the shadows out with "blend if"
Did another hi pass using only noise the faded out the highlights in "blend if"
More adjustments.....

I admit that the mask is a bit hard around the top of his hair, and there are some refine edge artifacts around his nose. whateves.

One thing that i really like about working on forum images is they are almost always lores. All those compression artifacts really let me focus on the big picture instead of worrying about making the image pixel perfect
.View attachment 16075

Thank you for the detailed info i look forward to giving this a go cheers dude!!!

Back