What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sending E-Mail From A Domain Name?

A.J

Good Afternoon all ;).

I'm currently using Hotmail, and I have a domain name to ""Mask" my email.

As far as I am aware of, I can only send an email from my hotmail account, therefore my receivers will see my hotmail email address. The only thing the domain name seems to be coming useful for, is for people emailing me, as they are typing out my domain name, and not my hotmail one.

Well, i'm wondering if its possible to fully mask my email address, so when I send emails, people will see my domain name and not my hotmail name.

Ideas.. ?

Why are you using hotmail to manage none hotmail accounts am I missing something.

Do you own a domain.
Does it come with an email package
Do you own hosting
is your hosting the same place you bought the domain from
does your domain registrar offer email forwarding (which this is what it sounds like is happening someone is emailing you at your hello@yourdomain.com address but the company that has your domain parked is forwarding it to your hotmail

You need a proper email client to configure your emails properly or possibly hosting to actually set up an email rather than using a forwarder.

if you go back to your company that you purchased your domain from they may have a webmail client themselves.

But without hosting or further details I cant tell you exactly what your problem is but it sure looks like emails are being forwarded to your hotmail account this is not to be confused as an email account it is basically a copy being sent to a 2nd email address.

You can send e-mails from Photoshop or Bridge to mask your name, a lot of people use this sort of thing to inform people that a batch has been completed.
Example code ...

Code:
//Enter your mail server I.E "smpt.talktalk.net"
//This must be your valid server name!
var mailServer = "mail_Server_name";
//Enter the targets e-mail address
var mailAddress = "E-Mail-Address";

var mailTitle = "Results of script";
var mailText = "Script completed at " + new Date();

sendmail(mailServer, mailAddress,mailTitle,mailText);

function sendmail(mailServer, mailAddress,mailTitle,mailText){
    var sObj = new Socket();
    if (sObj.open(mailServer+":25")) {
        sObj.writeln("HELO "+mailServer);
        sObj.writeln("MAIL From: " + mailAddress);
        sObj.writeln("RCPT To: "+mailAddress);
        sObj.writeln("DATA");
        sObj.writeln("From: Photoshop");
        sObj.writeln("To: "+mailAddress);
        sObj.writeln("Subject: "+mailTitle);
        sObj.writeln(mailText);
        sObj.writeln(".");
        sObj.writeln("QUIT");
 }
};

Ok, sorry for not explaining very clear. I will try my best to explain, but as I have no idea what I am talking about, that will be a struggle! : ).

I recently purchased a domain name, eg www.mywebsite.com, I use that domain name to "mask" a free hosting website I own as my original website address would be for example www.mywebsite.freehosting.co.uk.

Now with the domain I purchased, under the account setting, there was an option for me to "mask" an email address too, therefore I put in my hotmail email address, so that clients can email a more professional address.

Does that make any scene?

Back