What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Share your opinions

D0m1n13

Hi forum,

I'm new to "the art of photography". I really enjoy it and it has started to become my passion. I shot a couple of pictures and edited some of them through Photoshop or Lightroom. I want to get some feedback from you guys on what would you improve on these pictures...ex: the lighting, exposure, highlights, vibrance, etc. Feedback greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20171118_164403.jpg
    IMG_20171118_164403.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 10
  • PSX_20171118_233719.jpg
    PSX_20171118_233719.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • PSX_20171016_224412.jpg
    PSX_20171016_224412.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 12
  • PSX_20171015_211944.jpg
    PSX_20171015_211944.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 11
  • PSX_20171104_151313.jpg
    PSX_20171104_151313.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 10
A great series of images. All of of them are 'treated' just right, nothing is overdone.
Just on the one image with the river and the churches you need to straighten the horizon.
Wonderful work though!:thumbsup:

D0m1n13

A great series of images. All of of them are 'treated' just right, nothing is overdone.
Just on the one image with the river and the churches you need to straighten the horizon.
Wonderful work though!:thumbsup:

Thanks for your feedback. I will go back and edit those 2 pictures.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great Work! I like the basic overall corrections and adjustments on these with the exception of one image.

In this one, I felt that the color was a bit subdued and this image was a perfect candidate for some clean up.

This is a screen shot.......
Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 9.51.44 AM.png

D0m1n13

Great Work! I like the basic overall corrections and adjustments on these with the exception of one image.

In this one, I felt that the color was a bit subdued and this image was a perfect candidate for some clean up.

View attachment 80629

Thanks!! Looks better than mine. 😊 Better color accuracy and I see you cleaned up the garbage on the water. Beautiful!!!

D0m1n13

View attachment 80629

Out of curiosity, what programs are you using mainly?

fredfish

Guru
When I try to put lighting it brings noise to the picture.

I am curious what your camera set up is. I am assuming that you are leaving a lot of stuff on Auto? I as this because the inherent noise that is in your last picture is probably as a result of too high an ISO setting. There are benefits in that you can use higher shutter speeds in low light situations such as this - however this picture could have been taken with a lower shutter speed on a tripod. There can also be artistic reasons for using a high ISO (I actualy quite like the noise in your last picture!).

Cheers

John

D0m1n13

I am curious what your camera set up is. I am assuming that you are leaving a lot of stuff on Auto? I as this because the inherent noise that is in your last picture is probably as a result of too high an ISO setting. There are benefits in that you can use higher shutter speeds in low light situations such as this - however this picture could have been taken with a lower shutter speed on a tripod. There can also be artistic reasons for using a high ISO (I actualy quite like the noise in your last picture!).

Cheers

John

Hi John,

Thanks for your honest feedback. I am not using auto. I'm using manual control. The picture I took was ISO 800, Shutter Speed of 1/15 and manual focus. I did some light Adobe Lightroom edits but that's about it.