What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shiney and or Wet surface look.

Cassimode

Hi, I have been trying to create a wet surface look on Tarmac/Asphalt for quite some time. I have been searching the web also for help on this yielding me with not the right results.

Image below in the lower right corner is what I am after. I shot this while the road surface was slightly wet so It turned out nice. I need to be able to do this in PS given I am not always around water access or controlling the weather before a shoot. Any suggestions would be more appreciated!

EDIT: Thread title should read WET not Wer.

FRS-Morning.jpg

Last edited:
Elliptical marquee tool made selection from the sky made a new layer with a feathered edge, placed over your original reflection area.
Changed colour via saturation to match sky colour slightly, added texture via filter/render/lighting effect changed colour channels to get correct balance and slid slider to make deeper/mountainous effect.
Altered opacity slightly, other ways i have no doubt.
I made the tarmac look larger than you would have it just to show grain and texture.

reflection.jpg

I gather you have access to Photoshop so how about this solution. Open up the image and make a selection around the lower right region. Simply copy it and paste it into a new blank file. The methods for creating this wet ground are numerous as is any method for doing anything in Photoshop. Whenever you want to use it again, you can use the Place command to, you guessed it, Place it into the image you're working on.

I gather you have access to Photoshop so how about this solution. Open up the image and make a selection around the lower right region. Simply copy it and paste it into a new blank file. The methods for creating this wet ground are numerous as is any method for doing anything in Photoshop. Whenever you want to use it again, you can use the Place command to, you guessed it, Place it into the image you're working on.

Thats a method that I have thought of yes. However, there are other shoots that are dry that would like to create wet/shinney spots and not copy from this image to do so. Also keeping said texture underneath as well.

through a window.....
I did do a rain drop overlay...BUT the same image was used to highlight the "puddle"

FRS-Morningg.jpg

Last edited:

Back