What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

~Sidefx's Gallery

~Sidefx™

Some are really old, but just the one's I liked the best.

Please CnC, cause I really want to improve in any way possible.

flatout.png

timeshift.png

Normal:
deadspacen.png

Black & White:
deadspacebw.png

predator.png

Normal:
pirate.png

Black & White:
piratebw.png

Last edited:
Oh wow. Love them all. Maybe in the future you could post up a thread here on how to make signatures (right?) like yours :")

Very nice work!! Are you going into concept design for games or film? You'd fit in well. I think your skill level is up there. I don't know about the pirate image. It's good, but maybe leave it out of your portfolio for high-end work.

Only critique I can think of is perhaps mix up the contrast between sizes, shapes, values, color, etc to make the composition more intriguing. I was told once by a senior concept artist once that the main reason we like an image or not is whether it's well composed. It's not really all about the draftsmanship (which you've clearly got!!) does this feedback make sense?

Here's an example of a concept artist that works a lot with contrasting shapes for composition. Mostly he does this through silhouette's. He's got big broad areas of silhouette or sky that lead the eye towards the point of interest:

Tableta Machina

Back