What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

silence, then Genesis

Erik

Guru
WAKE UP!

Everything here seems so Cinderella like...

Does anyone know/use the Genesis Pro V2 plugin for Photoshop?
I heard a lot about it, but the company seems to have quit...

Erik, most of us talk about filters in other threads and that's one of the reasons why this section stays empty. The question is; when should a post that deals with filters go in this section, when it can also be considered a tip or technique?
The thing with plug-ins is that not everybody uses them for several reasons; creativity, non Adobe standards, price, sometimes incompatible when a new PS version is released etc.
I visited a board a few days ago that had 27 (!) different sections. I think that there is no need for the "filter & plug-ins" section and we can't force people to visit it when they're not interested (no posts in almost 2 months)

Just my 2 cents

Thats one PS plugin I alomst bought Erik.Very capable for all things stellar,as well adjustable lens flares,nebulas,explosions etc etc.I loved the demo but then I decided to remove it as I couldnt afford it at the time :)

I have links and info somewhere,let me have a nosey.

Stu.

Thanks Stu.
I do know the web adress ( www.futurefantastic.com ) but everything is silent over there. the last update was more than two years ago...
I also tried all the links to resellers on their site (no, not with the direct intention of buying, just curiousity) but Genesis seems to have disappeared into oblivion. Probably because fashion (yuck) dictated that lens effects were out... Pity, as there are loads of possibilities with these lens effects without using them for what they are.
So I thought: why not start a thread at PSG? Then, arriving here, I noticed that this forum had been asleep for ages...

I did download the demo though and the settings they have on their site. I am tempted to try it out one day...

Hi Erik,
I have been wanting to answer your thread, but for some reason I've been shut out, or I shut myself out accidentally by removing a whole list of unwanted cookies and by mistake included the one for this forum.

I have been using the tryout version of Genesis v2Pro for almost two weeks now, and like you said it can be used for a lot of other things than lighting things and such.

The "Into the trees" makes reasonable smoke if desaturated. I do not know if this plugin is worth the ₤99 they are asking though.

Be Good,
Carl

Image using genesis:

Just like I thought...I'm not shure the company is still active, so even "if" one would want to buy, it might not be possible.

thanks Carl, and by the way: great image.
Must say that this "level1apprentice" etc is imo something we all better ignore. Your image shows the absurdity of this system.

Back