What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Single selected pixel that I can't unselect!

nurgle

Hi, I have definably come up with a problem that I don't know how I achieved this. A real head-scratcher problem a single selected pixel that I can't unselect

I ended up with a single selected pixel in an image that is filled with white, and surrounded by a faint blue line. (PSD document)

it looks large when I zoom out to view the whole image, but no matter how much I zoom in, it states the same size, and even when I turn of the only layer in the document it is still there selected...

I tried saving it as a Jpeg, but when I reopened that document in photoshop it was back.

I got around this by copying the image layer, creating a new document image and saving it. and deleting the old document,ent... but I have no clue as to how it happened so I do do it again.

anyone ever hav this happen . ?
regards, Sandyselected pixel..jpg

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi @nurgle /Sandy
Your text implies a PSD link yet there is no link, just text.
Please add a post with the PSD or a link to it.
Strange problem though
John Wheeler

nurgle

I did spot this link that sounded similar to your problem thoiught
Link to article about blue lined square box in screen
John Wheeler
Hi, interesting, but I donating that was my problem. as I moved the image around the screen it moved with it... and did not happen with any other PSD files I had. just that one, and even when I saved it as Jpeg and re opened it it was still there.. Rattled my brain.

regards

Sandy

thebestcpu

Guru
Sandy, can you recreate the PSD file and attache it?
Getting to root cause of most anything is much easier if the issue is repeatable.
John Wheeler

nurgle

Sandy, can you recreate the PSD file and attache it?
Getting to root cause of most anything is much easier if the issue is repeatable.
John Wheeler
just found that I had not emptied the trash will try and link the Jpeg file as the PSD is over 300 meg. regards Sandy

just found it says the upload is too large even as a Jpeg. sorry

regards

Sandy

nurgle

And for your consideration is this link:
Stray Path Node
It would show up in the Panels tab if this is the issue
John Wheeler
wow that seems to be the problem... but I must have ever selected a tool that I never use or clocked on the wrong spot.

thanks greatly for the info.

regards, Sandy