What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sketch - Black and White to Colour

Note: Please ignore my screen shots in post #19..........I simply reduced the opacity/transparency of the original artwork layer.

First I have my image layer, then I create new layer, which will now be on top, but it only shows transparent background, even if I change opacity?
Hummmnnnn......not sure what you are referring to. What you describe is exactly how it should be and how I did it!

Original artwork....
Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 4.57.16 PM.png

New layer above original artwork layer with Pen Tool tracing....
Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 4.57.30 PM.png

New layer tracing only
Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 4.57.45 PM.png

This is it! Just two simple layers!
Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 5.05.04 PM.png

When you create a new layer, is it white or transparent?

Note: Please ignore my screen shots in post #19..........I simply reduced the opacity/transparency of the original artwork layer.

Hummmnnnn......not sure what you are referring to. What you describe is exactly how it should be and how I did it!

Original artwork....
View attachment 129644

New layer above original artwork layer with Pen Tool tracing....
View attachment 129645

New layer tracing only
View attachment 129646

This is it! Just two simple layers!
View attachment 129648

When you create a new layer, is it white or transparent?
Apologies for only replying now, its been a hectic week :). I redid your steps above, and realised my mistake. So thank you for your help, the feedback from everybody on this chat has been an awesome.

Back