What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

slice n serve

sfm

Guru
wow I am full of questions today he he he

okay in Photoshop how do I slice my images (to put into tables) and then save each slice?
I have always done this in the past the hard way - select with square tool copy, new, paste
but hey they don't always line up and I spend hours doing it so this time I am not going to do that
I will learn the correct way of breaking up images and placing them into the table
so if someone could help me that would be great
sfm

sfm

Guru
okay I have figured it out myself here............ thanks anyway stroker I realise you were on the run there

Once you have the image the size and how you want it.........
select the view/new guide and tell it where you want it positioned click okay
do this for where you would like it sliced :D
select the slice tool and click the slice to guides button :\
then go to file/ save for web and save it as a html

from here I played around deleting "blank" images and merging cells etc and there I have it! whew it only took me hours to figure this one out [doh]

if you look at the image below you will see a screen shot of what it looked like sliced with the red lines as my guide lines [oops]
sfm

sfm

Guru
thanks for the link I will read that in a bit

you get a whole 20 seconds ....... ah luxury, when I was a wee lad..... ha ha ha

yep know all about that Stroker, thanks for your help
sfm

sfm

Guru
wow I just did it again using the link example/tute Stroker and I did it in second and with small files too yippee I am a happy camper today now :D thanks again!
sfm