What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoother paths

ArgamanZa

Hey,
A while ago i learned about the paths technique for the first time,
My problem is everytime i'm doing something using paths it comes out like...
Well can't really explain it so i'll show...

I have tried to do this wallpaper thing,
so i just scaled something to a big size and with the pen tool started to go over the lines,
then i filled it, and no matter how slow and how much time i spent doing it the best way i can, the best result i got is this: (Left is the original)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/220/ihso.jpg/

As you can see my version is like some 8 year old kid drew it....
Is there any technique to make it smoother and closer to the original? thanks!!

Attachments

• ihso.jpg
    ihso.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 1
Hello I would probably use Laso tool or Colour range to select, but I am not sure whether it answers your problem. In my opinion your selection must be a bit off.

Hello I would probably use Laso tool or Colour range to select, but I am not sure whether it answers your problem. In my opinion your selection must be a bit off.

I would, but since i'm doing it to print on a 50cm x 50cm using lasso or color range won't be sharp enough....

That is right, but only if you use the result right away, what about further processing of the mask ? If I understand you correctly you need to have it sharp and good proportions, not exactly copy pixel by pixel.

ok so what you are trying to do is isolate those paths and then fill in the missing pieces right? why not trace the path using a pen tool and then stroking the path.

I traced a path using the pen tool and then stroked it and got this smooth line (well a little off at the end but you can get there)

ihso.jpg

for this you need to practice with the pen tool.

it works like an optical illusion the white semicircle type things seem to move when you look around. nice work mate.

Back