What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soapy Logo

Pamela

Hi,

I run a site at http://www.soapchat.net and I need to update the logo with something a little more snazzy.

Could anyone suggest some ideas ?

I quite like the idea of a soap powder box like http://www.dazwhite.co.uk/img/prod_3_a.gif with some bubbles.

Any thoughts ? I have been racking my brains for weeks. I'm not a professional designer but the site is very popular so I need it to look decent.

Many Thanks

Welcome to forum, Pamela.......

Hehehe.... My sister really would love your site. I'll forward this on to her.

I don't know ...... Soap Box? Well you could try and desgn a rough one so we can see how it looks.

I'm going through the site now. So far your current logo matches your site's color scheme. Changing that logo might also mean changing the site colors, too. And if you want it to be like the Soap box logo, you need strong colors.......

dv8_fx

PS.... a lot of members onlone, too......... anyone I know in there?..... Think I should pass this on to some of my TV series fanatic friends.......

Thanks. I want to change the color scheme. To be honest I think I need something simple. Im not a professional user of PS so to create the soap box would be difficult.

But I wanted something that will look more professional, even it its toying with the current logo :)

Yes, the site get busy. People love to chat TV :)

Pamela said:
Thanks. I want to change the color scheme. To be honest I think I need something simple. Im not a professional user of PS so to create the soap box would be difficult.

But I wanted something that will look more professional, even it its toying with the current logo :)

Yes, the site get busy. People love to chat TV :)

The logo that I currently see there is perfect. What do you not like about it? I believe that it isn't formal-professional but it gets the job done and goes with the concept of the site.

Take Care

-Al

I wouldn't say that the logo is perfect, but the idea with the bubbles certainly is. Don't they all cheat in those soaps and dive in a bath with everyone they like? :D No, I would keep the bubbles.

Geez, I wish I had time to help you, but I'm pretty busy lately. Be patient Pamela, because I'm pretty sure that some of the members see this as a new challenge, with or without the bubbles. ;)

okay not perfect but I believe that the idea suits the site well. If it were done out a little differently it would be even better :D

Alistair wote...
The logo that I currently see there is perfect. What do you not like about it? I believe that it isn't formal-professional but it gets the job done and goes with the concept of the site.

Same thoughts here........ But there are those moments that even the most perfect logo has to change. They must have used it for quite a spell.

Hmmmmm......

Thanks so much for all your replies. I didnt expect it so soon :)

We have used it for quite some time and I guess my main issue is the text. I want to change the background color of the site anyway. The main complaint in a survey recently was the blandness of the colors so I wanted something more strikeing yet not over powering as people spend a great deal of time on there.

In terms of the text, it just looks too basic for me. When I have made attempts in the past it ends up looking a little childish.

:surprised:

Thanks dv8_fx. I really appreciate the support and will obviously credit anyone who assists with the process. :surprised:

Hi Pamela - just had a quick look and yes your right...... the website is um very safe colours :D
I agree the logo would very quickly become faded into the background or not noticed after a time :D
Do you really want a soap powder box?
When designing a logo you want something that is different, something that stands out and says it is this
then - the site is designed around it (well in my daily experience this is what I do - everyone does things differently) :)
I will come up with some ideas for you (I did one years back for someone & they never used it - personally I thought it was great) ;\
then I suggest that you take the colours out of the logo and put them into your site so that it all looks uniformed & professional

I think it is a good idea if others want to have a go :} just a bit of fun :) 8}

the theme is obviously Chatter & TV soaps - run with it guys
I'll be back with mine later

Thanks sfm. The soap powder box was just an idea but not something I require, just something I came up with. :)

Yes the theme is soaps and tv shows.

Thanks for all of this. Its so appreciated. :)

maybe this idea is a bit off, or at least more than I think it is...

What about since the theme of the site is chatting/talking about stuff, you take the soapbox graphic a bit further, and go with the old way of people getting ON a soapbox (i.e.- box crate, to tell what they have to say). Maybe it only makes sense to me.

Just a thought,
Ric

Those old Pears Soap posters spring to mind - and "Bubbles" etc.
How about a collection of bubbles floating around with soap characters
faces on them?

What about having say, 3 groups of 2 people, huddled close together, and in each group 1 person is talking. Instead of using regular talk bubbles, use soap bubbles to contain the text. [honesty]

I have a book I always consult when I need ideas for logos. It's called "The Big Book of Logos" and I'm pretty sure you can get in on Amazon.
I take a quick look though it and give some ideas.

There is nothing like a good old brainstorm :D Thanks so much

The problem with soap characters on a logo is that the actors change so quickly and there is such a large remit in terms of what is discussed that I quite like something rather generic.

There are forum specific logos which contain soap characters but the general logo has avoided this so it doesnt get dated.

:surprised:

p?tr??k said:
I have a book I always consult when I need ideas for logos. It's called "The Big Book of Logos" and I'm pretty sure you can get in on Amazon.
I take a quick look though it and give some ideas.

I almost bought that book a few years ago, is it worth the money?

Pamela, Brainstorming is good, opinions are good, it's choosing the right logo that's the hardest part.

Back