What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some effects needed please

scorpion

i am making a website in college with the topic on music.
the color theme must be blue and yellow

can somone make me a table bg incorperating this (can be only blue or only yellow if u want)

if somone can do this it would help alot

ScOrp

What's stopping you from doing it yourself? Give it a shot, it always feels better to accomplish something on your own rather than have somenoe else spoon feed it too you :)

i'm no good at doin bg designs they always look lame ass :( just a example so i can work on it will be fine or an idea maybe

The only way to exit that lame-#@$ status is to get out of it yourself. The only thing thats stopping you is that you say you can't do it, and you settle with this as a fact of life. You can, and once you tell yourself that, you're on your way.

If you need inspiration go here...

http://www.coolhomepages.com/

If you want to improve or get ideas, just look around you. At everything.

Study other peoples designs, and styles. Work out what kind of style you like and are best at (this will only improve and change with experience. As you get better you will expand, but just start with 1 style to focus on at first, then move on.)

Study element placement and proportions.

Study their use of fonts, this is very very important. Fonts can ruin a design, and when working best, they should compliment the design. Text doesnt have to be special and wow.

Look at objects around you, vases, carpets, rugs, tiles, roads, trees, spiderwebs, flags, mirrors, bags, labels, books, flowers.....there is design in EVERYTHING. And more often then not you can take an idea from something, even if just a small element.

You could even buy some watercolour pencils, paint your own background too....something I am doing today. Have to stock up on stuff.

And remember, its design not art.

Oh yeah, get down to your newsagent and buy some magazines.

I buy Computer Arts and IdN most months. IdN is extremely good at profiling international designers and design houses, I thoroughly recomend it.

I also highly recommned Computer Art... great magazine (I ended up getting a subscription because the bookstore never had the ones I wanted to get)... also Computer Arts Projects recently put out an issue about "Website in a weekend" maybe you should check it out.

Just another tip...

Take your topic, ie music and spend 60 seconds writing down in dot points anything that comes to mind about music. As in subjects.

eg....
1) Music is a basis for culture and sub culture.
2) Music comes in a very wide variety of forms.
3) Music is historical in nature and often reflects the ongoings of that time.
4) Music is full of discipline and techniques
5) Music is often changing with technology....

etc etc etc. You get my drift.

Now.....take a subject you like best and is most suited to your brief and work wth it.

Take No 5 for example. You could take a rave, dance, electronic style to your design and explore colours and patterns that reflect that scene. You could incorporate dances and images of multicolour cds etc etc. You could do heaps.
Research will help you.

Take No 3 for example. You could create a design that makes use of images of Mozhart and other historical musicians, you could create the design in a manner that reflects say the renaissance period and make use of sketchy effects and or oil paintings.
Research will help you.

There is soooooo much you could do if you put your mind to it.
I dont see creativity as being something random. There are disciplines that can help you.

Give it a try, if you have to ask someone to do it for you, you can't take credit for your work.

Back