What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Vacation pics

ricib

not sure how they'll look, since I had to reduce them so much to upload them, but the larger versions I think are pretty decent.

First up I've got a few of the Cahab?n River in the Cob?n department of Guatemala... Including one where we tubed through a cave... Plus as a bonus, a cool little salamander just sitting on the hand rail. Too beautiful not to get a picture of...

ok, so the first ones look ok when posted, let's try a few more. I've got hundreds, but I will spare you all from most all of them.

Next up, the main fountain in Central Plaza @ Antigua, Guatemala (pg-13 rated). Plus some pics of the flowing lava from Pacaya Volcano, just outside of Guatemala City. I climbed this with my 63 year old Pops and his wife and a friend. The pic with all of us made the national newspaper down here, as the volcano was obviously very active on the day we went climbing. Even ruined my favorite climbing shoes that day, from the oh so hot lava heat. Also got some great quicktime video with my Kodak P850 digicam. But boy did taking the larger video, eat my batteries up. Me thinks I need to ebay when I get back to the states, for some extra's. ;)

Wow, nice pictures ricib and great story. I have no doubts that you had a great time! [excited]

You had guts standing close to the lava, you do know that it can start moving much faster than you can run now do you? :D

hahaha, yeah thanks Gaussian... we stood back and watched it for a while, to guage the speed, and picked the slowest spots to stand in front of it. it truely is a once in a lifetime thing to do, and I'm glad it didn't work out either of the 4 previous times I was here to try to climb it. (no flowing lava then)

Like I said,I got some great video of the lava flowing slowly, then picking up rather fast, right in front of me. That's when I decided it was time to get out of that area. There was only one way out.

Later I'll find some more pics to post.

glad ya liked them Gaus.

Fascinating -- your group is more adverturous than I ricib you know lava doesn't always flow in predictable course, yes? I'm glad you returned home safely.

I really enjoyed the other photos too. Keep them coming!

not sure how they'll look, since I had to reduce them so much to upload them, but the larger versions I think are pretty decent.

First up I've got a few of the Cahab?n River in the Cob?n department of Guatemala... Including one where we tubed through a cave... Plus as a bonus, a cool little salamander just sitting on the hand rail. Too beautiful not to get a picture of...

ricib - where can I view these?

Cheers,

S

Back