What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

something that's been bothering me for a while: resampling?

francis

My first post on the forum so Hello!

Now, as I understand it there are two way to resample an image. The most common way is using the 'Image size' dialogue box, however this is not very useful when you want to resize (resample) and image on a canvas 'by eye' - i.e. increase/decrease the image by whatever looks right compositionally. So the way that I do this is to double click on the rulers that frame the canvas, which opens 'preferences' - then in 'general' define the way that photoshop handles an image transformation, i.e. 'bicubic smoother' for enlargement. I then transform the image on the canvas as needed and simultaneously resample it.

So my question is: do my two methods work the same way or does transforming an image not resample it the same way that 'image size' would?

It's been bothering me for a while and no-one I've asked seems to know the answer, so any thoughts much appreciated..

Ta,

The transform method you set in Preferences is applied to any hand transformation. With Image size you chose the method yourself.
So, yes you do everything right.

Back