What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spider who wants to be an Ant

Hatch

Hi all,

Look at this crazy little thing. When I first discovered the little spider, I thought it was just another FAST ant running around. Then it stopped and looked at me. I could not believe it was a spider.

Isn't it funny/vool how it uses its legs to act as if it had antennas? The first spider I discovered was carrying a ant it had killed.

Wild safari right in my front yard. LOL :}

Hope you like the photo.

Hatch
000216.jpg

I still don't believe that's a spider, but if you say so. :rofl: Great pictures! You make it look easy, and I know from watching my husband crawl on his knees and elbows with his camera, bugs aren't easy to shoot.. especially in focus!

Made me go *eww* btw. LOL

Looks like an ant to me, too, but the compound eyes are those of a spider. Hmmm . . . .\:]

Thanks for the comments all. It is indeed a spider :} Count the legs... I've searched the net and these little creatures can be found all over the world. Here is a good link to read more about them. A little different looking than the one I posted... but not much. http://members.fortunecity.com/chinfahshin/1folder/antmimic.html Amazing little thing!!!

Glad you like the photo. Good stuff :}

Hatch

Thanks for posting those images, Hatch. Spiders of that type may be found all over the world but I've never seen one before. Amazing... I love your close-up shots!

Good work Hatch - a really close look at a survivor!

Back