What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spray Painting

lasa

Power User
I'm trying to learn how to spray paint my car for the concept car contest...
I just tried spraypainting at 10% opacity and 45% flow.. It seem to be working, I'm able to build layers tones ok..?. Are there norm or standard setting to get the best out of the spraypaint tool? Maybe a brush setting something? Or a mode? Normal / screen something.

I'm sneaking up on this spraypaint stuff,.. but if somebody can head me in the right direction, I'll officially thank them in my acceptance speech..

Lasa

There is no 'standard' setting. It's dictated more by the colors than anything. Try this though, on a new layer use your polygonal lasso and create the shape you want (re: a highlight or a shadow) then guasian blur that shape. You acheive a more controlled spray effect. I'll show you later if you want.

here's a sample of which I speak. no brush used. this is about 6 layers total. (Rasterize as you go.). Some of my stuff has 30-40 layers (actually steps) 'cause you'll be merging as you go. and introducing color and maybe even images as ambient reflections and shadows

Thanks ronmatt...It makes sense, I'll definetly give it a try...When I win the contest I'll give you an honorable mention..lol...."yes, I'd like to thank the little people that helpped me ..." still need to clean it up... but you get the idea.. :D
Lasa

Back