What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squiggly line help!?!

dellis203

Hi, I am trying to figure out for the life of me on how to create a line slash banner type thing, I am not actually sure what the design is called, but something like this.
it is in the attachment I just attached,
like the border lines around the album cover, and also like the little designs around the word "last rites"
is that being done in a type of brush or something, I have been trying to reproduce this but with no luck, any help would be extremely cool
Thanks alot
D

Hi dellis203 and welcome to PSG.
I haven't got Photoshop on this laptop so I'm going to try to answer this from memory. A relatively easy way to get the borders and the scrolling at the bottom of the word "Last Rites" is to use the "Shapes" tool.
For the border select the "Shapes" tool, you may need to load some examples from the "Load more shapes" Menu in the top right of the shapes drop down menu. In there you will find some square shapes like the ones in the image. Make a new layer and draw your first shape, then duplicate it and move the two side by side so they are just about to touch and then merge them. Duplicate that layer and repeat the above steps until you have enough shapes to form a border.
You can then duplicate the border and rotate it by 90 degrees for the vertical border. For the scroll flourish underneath the word I think there is a shape in the Shapes library that would suit exactly.

There are lots of other techniques for achieving this but this is a quick and easy method to get you started. It would be good if you want any further help if you post up what you have done so far.

Welcome tot PSG. 8))

Yep, like TaoBoogie said and if you can't find the shape you want, then you have to make one witht the pen tool (see example)

Hi people, Thanks alot, much appreciated, Ive been dabbling in photoshop for a couple years, but only in my free time! hahahha whatever that is, so basically trying to get things down now and this is such a complicated program to me. so Ill be asking alot of questions hahaha.
thanks though, Ill run with this and show ya what Ive come up with.

Back