What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Destroyer landscape

Wako

Since You have helped me last time alot,
I will ask You for estimation once again:)
What should I change/improve? What do You think guys? cheers.

ps. Star destroyer's model isn't mine (sadly) was made by Fractalsponge.
Star Destroyer landscape .jpg

Argos

Guru
Nice one, I like it! Like the other one, I don't like the two little ships, they are distracting and unnecessary in my opinion. I'm not sure if they are flying or on the water, the proportions between the other boats, mountain, distance seems wrong, and look more blury for focus than movement.

Cheers!

Wako

Thanks for feedback, yea I can't decide if I like those ships or not.
There is copy without ships.Star Destroyer landscape  .jpg
And with ships but different location.Star Destroyer landscape   .jpg

Last edited:

Argos

Guru
If you want to add the ships, start again with one and try to do it perfectly, now when you look at the image you know instantly that is something wrong with them and don't belong to the picture. Analyze why or what people have to say and try different things to fix it, it could be a nice exercise XD.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello again.

Nice work.

I do have one question...........what is happening in this composite? Are these supposed to be crashed destroyers or have they just landed?

Wako

Hello again.

Nice work.

I do have one question...........what is happening in this composite? Are these supposed to be crashed destroyers or have they just landed?
Hello nice to see You again :) there are literally trees sticking out from part of the ship ;p. These destroyers are crashed in the remote past.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
there are literally trees sticking out from part of the ship
I see three "trees" and some other green stuff.

Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 8.04.00 AM.png

I assumed these were crashed ships but the image leaves me guessing. I'm not getting crash here. There's just not enough evidence to support that. Can you imagine the damage that something that large would have if it crashed with any speed? It would be severely broken up and damaged. Even on a low gravity planet there would be some devastation. A ship of that size would have been assembled in space, probably in orbit around a planet. It's internal support would be massive but it would probably not hold up well during an impact even with a low gravity planet.

Great idea and you have done an exceptional job, but I think it needs more work to be convincing.

Is there way to edit old posts?
You can only edit posts for 20 minutes after it has been made. After that, you must contact staff in order to edit post content.