What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scripting Start recording in the Mode button mode

spam24

Hi
I'm working on PS6 and I wonder if it would be possible to write a script that:
After pressing the action in Button Mode.
Will record every time in one and the same action everything I do in PS (Start Recording).
To stop the registration, I press Esc.

REC.jpg
So I need a button in the mode (Button Mode) to write what I'm doing.
Is it possible ?

Thanks so much for your help!

Not that I know of. You can put all the details of the actions to a text file by holding ctrl/alt and save actions.
On newer versions you can use shift/ctrl/alt and save actions, this will create a json file.
Another option is not to use an action but to install the ScriptListener.8li plugin and look at the output in the ScriptingListenerJS.log on the desktop.
Brush strokes are not recorded though!

This idea came to my mind when I had to make a small correction of the PBR material on the diffusion, normal, specular map ...
I need to do the same graphical correction on all textures belonging to a single PBR material.
I found the possibility of saving the sweep of the brush in the action settings.
I mark (Allow Tool Recording) and the brush movements are recorded.
If it was possible to simplify the recording, it would be beautiful and simple.
---
Allow_Tool_Recording.jpg

Only actions can record brush strokes.
An action can be converted to a javascript but I would not recommend doing it with brushstokes as the javascript would be MASSIVE and might not work.

Back