What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

still no images

ronmatt

Guru
I asked about this issue a while back and it goes unresolved. I can't see any photos in this forum.
What I get is a paperclip thingy with the name of the graphic and file extension which I must download.
I'm on a number of forums and I've discovered that I have this same problem ONLY with forums powered by SMF 1.0.6
I can't help but notice that participation on this forum has fallen considerably over the past few months. Would it be possible that others have experienced the same issue and have simply left without stating why? Those of you who don't have the problem (?) don't know there's a problem I think someone (in charge) should investigate this further. It's not my settings. I have no issues with INVISION or EBULLITON or any of the others. \:/

I still think it's a problem on your end. Probably a browers issue/setting. I've never ran into this kind of problem, so I have no idea whats wrong or how to fix it. And, yes the forum has seem baren lately. I dont people left cause of picture problems though. As for myself, I've just been busy lately being caught up with school, work, projects, etc. Hopefully participation won't continue to dwindle. I'll try to be more active, but there hasn't really been much to comment on, so.....oh well. [honesty]

I don't have problems seeing attachments or photos or whatever. No idea, other than I'm not using I.E. I use Mozilla whenever possible. Which is pretty much always.

And, I dis-appeared for a long while, because life took me away, not because of a problem here.

I don't know what's going on.. I use firefox exclusively. thing is I do see some attachments ( some of the time). For example, I open a thread at say 2pm and see the attachments, then I come back at 3pm and I don't see them. OR I'll see an attachment on one reply but don't on another (in the same thread,
and it could be the next reply) Most everything is allowed in my options and my internet settings. As I mentioned, it only seems to occur when I'm in a SMF 1.0.6. site. Frustrating because I have to keep downloading to see the images. I've posted this problem on other forums, I don't think anyone has a clue as to what's happening, but I'll keep posting in case some BROWSER GURU sees it and has the answer. Thanks though. RM

ronmatt ... my browser is Opera and I see all pics here ... I also checked PSG with IE6 (normally disabled) and had no pic probs ... I know this info doesn't help you in the short term, but it might help a browser guru 'in the bigger picture'

I really can't add much to what's been said here already guys, sorry. This is indeed an odd issue.

I suggest posting this problem over on Simple MAchines forum so that the creator's of this software can be made aware of it. Never know... might be some silly little fix. ;) We hope.

Back