What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Stop google from indexing forum images

Aakshat

Power User
Hello, forum admins and moderators,

I wanted to give a suggestion for this forum,
As we have both paid and free request sections and users sometimes post images for edits, which might be somewhat personal for them. or even they are not, it is not a good idea to post your images on internet.
And these images end up showing in google search which might not be good for the users.
And sometimes users post group images to edit, It is possible that there friend in the group picture don't like there images to be posted publicly, and as being public forum we should respect there privacy.
I know all the warnings about it is already clearly stated in terms and Privacy policy statements, but users don't always read the rules and conditions or take these sections seriously.

So i want to suggest that the forum should do something about it, and stop google from indexing forum images.

There is one more suggestion i want to propose,

This happened with me few weeks ago, someone had posted an image for edit,
I made the necessary changes and when i came back to reply. the post was gone. and all that work went wasted.
So i want to suggest instead of deleting the post is it possible to edit the post that the user have proposed to delete this request, so even if the request is deleted we can still contact the user and tell them that we have already completed there request and if they would like to have it.
So our time and work don't go in vain.

These are just my suggestions and.. well staff knows batter than me, what is good for the forum.

Thank you
Akshat

I know all the warnings about it is already clearly stated in terms and Privacy policy statements, but users don't always read the rules and conditions or take these sections seriously.
How do you propose that we change this? How do we get them to read the rules? Not reading the rules is not an excuse. Perhaps if all of you members who do free edits would take the time to remind the OP to read the rules before you post your edits? I also have the question and link in my signature line to remind them.

The rules clearly state that if a user desires privacy, they need to post in the paid section.

So i want to suggest instead of deleting the post is it possible to edit the post that the user have proposed to delete this request, so even if the request is deleted we can still contact the user and tell them that we have already completed there request and if they would like to have it.
This is a viable suggestion. Some users request that images be removed while others request that the thread be removed. It's mostly up to the user.

As Sam stated, if a user desires privacy they can post a paid request.

We are happy to remove images from a paid request or remove whole thread if the OP asks for it. A paid request can even be posted without images, and images can be sent privately to interested parties.

Last edited:

Back