What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stroker's Tutorials

101jinx101

Hey Stroker,
why is it that none of your tutorials have pictures? Well, they have pictures, but every single one of them just turns out to be a little red "X". Even at 4 in the morning last night, when hardly anyone sould be on, they were just X's. I really want to try and follow a couple of them (especially the matrix bullet effect one!) but none of them have pics...

Hey. I can't believe I missed this.

Had a server crash and lost all of my junk. I do have all of the images archived, but uploading everything that I used to have up would be too much. I figure best to start from scratch.

If you have something in particular in mind, let me know and I might do something. Then again, I haven't exactly been on the ball lately.

um, probably just matrix bullet trails, and power distort (in which i'll need broken china) if that isn't to much, thanks! if its too much, just matrix bullet effects would be cool. Thanks!

In fact, could you just plug a DSL line into the back of your brain? There's some stuff I've been dying to learn in there!! ;)

My little matrix bullet trails is boring. If you do some reading and playing around with Distort > Glass, I'm sure you can come up with your own way. Not terribly hard.

Later, I'll put Power Distort up in Tech-Slop form. You don't really need Broken China for this - that reference was just an allusion to a similiar (and much simplier) idea.
I'll drop a note and link when I get it up.
Right now, the kids want to eat. Go figure.

This is temporary and I'll be taking it down in a few weeks. This is all I uploaded, so there is no full-site navigation (or the rest of Tech-Slop for that matter).

Power Distort

Well, i can't really follow the tutorial yet... because it makes references to "broken china", which, when i click on the link, it doesn't work...

No need for Broken China.

well what is a "zoom cube" then? it keeps making reference to that, but i'm not sure what it is...

Whoops. Sorry about that. I'm used to people knowing certain things when I babble.

Zoom Cube is a specific D-Map that "expands" the target. In Power Distort, the zoom cube is inverted. You can make one by laying down some gradients in the R and G channels. Do whatever you like with B, but I almost always fill mine with 50% grey.

Attached is the zoom cube inverted.

edit:
Forgot to mention something rather important. When you do the gradient, bring up the dialog and make sure that Smoothness is set to 0%.

Back