What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

struggling with layers

chappers

Hi all, I hope someone can help me out, I suffer with various health issues and can't seem to concentrate on following videos for some reason :shrug: Is there a comprehensive written walk through available on layers ? I am trying to swap face/head and match skin tones on the finished image, I'm ok up till I have to use a layer with the cut out face so i can erase it after moving it to the first image.....

JeffK

Guru
One of the sites I've used for written tutorials:

Not sure if your exact issue is approached, but there is an entire section on layers:

These are well written and easy to follow with sample images provided. Also available in PDF form so you can download, print, and read.

Hope this works for you. I have vision problems myself and some days it can be a struggle to get some good work done...

- Jeff

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm ok up till I have to use a layer with the cut out face so i can erase it after moving it to the first image.....
Not sure what you're doing here. Can you post some screen shots of the layers panel?

chappers

One of the sites I've used for written tutorials:

Not sure if your exact issue is approached, but there is an entire section on layers:

These are well written and easy to follow with sample images provided. Also available in PDF form so you can download, print, and read.

Hope this works for you. I have vision problems myself and some days it can be a struggle to get some good work done...

- Jeff
Thank you Jeff, absolutely brilliant site, just what I was after, the learning begins :)