What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck on this car vector!

nitro_D

Howdy,

Pretty much done with this car, however the front bumper is giving me grief.

Looks like the bumper is crooked in the original photo so i am making up my own shading and relfections.

Cant quite nail it though! Any help much appreciated

s14wip.jpg

Cheers

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi nitro_D and welcome to the forum.

Complete the right side running light in red and shading. Otherwise, the bumper looks fine to me.

Looks to me like you have gone too light with the highlights, making the bumper seem more reflective than the rest of the car. The black line that runs just below the headlights may be on a weird path as well, making the right hand side of the bumper look skewed slightly.

The highlight on the right side of the bumper (as I'm looking at it!) near the bottom leading edge needs to have a corresponding highlight on the opposite side of the bumper (maybe not as bright) to give the leading edge symmetry.

nitro_D

Thanks for the comments,

Yeah i have some touching up to do, the front is sharper giving it a more realistic look compared to the rear of the car. Quickly did the inidicators just to see what it looks like more finished.

Noticed the bumper askew aswell, car in the donor image isnt the straightest haha.

I think less is more when it comes to finishing the bumper :)

Cheers