What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STUUUUUUUPID QUESTION!

A Squarecan

Hey everyone,

I feel really stupid, but how do I insert a "registeredtrademark" thingy in my text with photoshop?

Thanks
Keith

When you use 'Arial' it's ALT+0174 (type numbers on numeric keypad with 'Num Lock' on) --> ?

PSD

A "Circle" and "R". Rasterise and Merge them to one layer and choose the size you need ;)
And that a great tip John, i haven`t seen it when i was posting mine.

Thanks John :D

I was going to make a circle and an "R" but I was curious to see if there was a correct way before doing that.

Thanks again
Keith

Here is the simple method for making the "registered" symbol quickly and correctly from within Photoshop.

First type the word "Constantinople". Then delete all but the second "N". Now duplicate that "N" and use it to make the word "Innertia". Flip that word upside down and delete all the letters but the "n" again, which now looks like a "U". Now draw fourteen circles in a perfect star pattern with the "U" at the center. Rotate that shape 14 degrees counter clockwise. Delete every other circle. Invert the colors of the circles on the left half. Use the erase tool to remove the remaining circles from the picture. Now type out the "registered" symbol from within the font you're using.

Now throw out the "U".

yes, ALT+ 0174 gives you ?
alt+ 0169 gives you ?
or, like Mindbender said :D

Here is the simple method for making the "registered" symbol quickly and correctly from within Photoshop.

First type the word "Constantinople". Then delete all but the second "N". Now duplicate that "N" and use it to make the word "Innertia". Flip that word upside down and delete all the letters but the "n" again, which now looks like a "U". Now draw fourteen circles in a perfect star pattern with the "U" at the center. Rotate that shape 14 degrees counter clockwise. Delete every other circle. Invert the colors of the circles on the left half. Use the erase tool to remove the remaining circles from the picture. Now type out the "registered" symbol from within the font you're using.

Now throw out the "U".

:rofl: That's the way I've always done it too! :rofl:

wow MB, that sounds a lot more complicated. I think I will stick with the alt+0174 method :D

Thanks though :perfect:
Keith

Back