What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

subSilver style gradients

leo.clarke

Hi

I am new to this forum and also fairly new to PS.

It's fantastic to see sooo much amazing art and really helpful people! I totally agree with theKeeper's post [http://photoshopgurus.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=849]

I'm trying to create some subSilver (default skin for this forum) style gradient bars, so I can customise the forum I have to the website I'm trying to build, for the project I'm trying to complete, for the sentence I'm trying to finish...

I've tried playing with the gradient tool, but can only get 'fades' in one direction.

I've included an example of what I mean.

Thanks.

LEO

[newbie, but eager to learn]

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
If this is what you need...

fill new layer with color.

In Menu > Layer > Add Layer Mask > Reveal All

Select Reflected Gradient ( or create a custom gradiant ) drag from left to right ( or top to bottom ).

Hope this helps.

vee

sfm

Guru
welcome aboard Leo ........ cute leo lion/tiger/kitty avitar he he he
sfm

theKeeper

Guru
...so I can customise the forum I have to the website I'm trying to build, for the project I'm trying to complete, for the sentence I'm trying to finish...
hahaha :rofl:

Welcome to the community Leo, hope you enjoy your stay. [honesty]

To be more direct here, you just need to use the Linear Gradient tool, set to the Fore & Background colours you want -- putting the darkest colour in the Foreground swatch. Apply the tool vertically, holding the Shift key down to force a straight line.

The extra bit at the top is simply a staright line, using a lighter shade of the Background colour you use. Either the Rectangle selection tool of the Line tool will work for this. This part produces a simple 'bevel' looking effect.

PS: your "other" option is to simply open the default grad image you posted in Photoshop, and change it's colour to suit your desire; using the HUE&SAT filter.

Geoff

hey leo.clarke great avatar :perfect: :perfect:

Sanby

Power User
Good stuff!

yeah, nice avatart, Calvin and Hobbes are my favorite comic books.

Sanby