What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suddenly cropping and scaling up for no reason Photoshop CS6

TheFoxUK

Morning Photoshop guru's,

I photograph wildlife and have always crop my large images to the proportion that I like. For the last 3 days when I have being trying to crop my images, it crops to the aspect ratio I positioned it to but has massively scaled it up. It started at screen size of the original at 50% and once its cropped the picture it suddenly appears very zoomed in and with a zoom size of 3%. I have also noticed the file size has dramatically increased from 111MB to 1.76GB?

So whats happening guru's? LOL. Have I activated a setting that is pre-installed or is there something in the crop settings that increases the image but doesn't say 'enlarge' or scale size'. I am hoping I've ticked a box or added a zero to something via a keyboard or cursor slip that I haven't noticed. Any help would be appreciated.

The Fox UK.
Experience= Good Amateur.
Currently using Photoshop CS6

Hello and welcome. I moved this thread to the proper forum.

Can you please walk us through the exact steps (workflow) that you use during this process. Screenshots also help.

Back