What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Summer Night

Moltas

I have been trying to create nice looking clouds in PS and have come up with this:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/23995054/

It's a picture created entirely in Photoshop using almost only filters, effects and different blending modes. Some elements (the base for the tree and some parts of the clouds) were created with the use of the mouse and then heavily enhanced. No premade artistic filters were used. I mainly used Clouds and wind.

I didn't have any higher ambitions than to explore what I could do with PS...and to have fun in the process :)

This is also my first time at deviantART...

Comments are greatly appreciated.

/Moltas

Those clouds are a superior job, Moltas, perhaps the best I've ever seen generated completely with Photoshop native tools. :perfect:

Niiiiice! You have done a fantastic piece of work here. The clouds are excellent.

Very nice work. Looks like a well blend between the clouds and the ground. My two cents, and interpretation? I know you were playing around, but I think that the natural look of the clouds contrasts well with the slightly digital look of the ground. It tells me that the earth is changing rapidly and becoming more and more digital, and we rely on that more and more. That technology is the ground on which we stand on now. However, the clouds state a natural state of being. Ideas come from dreams, and the dreams that we receive from above in our mind is a natural process. "Head in the clouds". The look of the tree indicates how fast technolgy grows and flies by like a powerful wind. The tree holds, representing that technology is here to stay. Probably dorky, but that is just how I see it. Once again, very nice work here Moltas.

Chillman

Nice, very nice.

It looks like you might have a style (your style) going there.

Got any more pics????

Very kind words indeed! ;\

If there is an interest I will try to make some sort of tutorial on the different parts. I felt that they didn't really fit together (the sky and the ground) so it was interesting to read the thoughts of chillman.

Once again, thanks for your kind words!

/Moltas

Is it my imagination or is there a face in the clouds.

I agree with welles. I think the clouds are incredible and I would love to know how ya did them!

Back