What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Sunny to dark stormy sky

Squidward91

Hi everyone!
I'm hoping someone can help me change this lovely blue sky to a darker, cloudy, as if it's about to storm sky. I have played around with just darkening the photo and changing the contrast etc, but I don't want to change the whole photo and when I try to isolate just the sky to alter it looks so bad around and through the trees. There are also little bits of sky in the "windows" of the covered bridge that I found very hard to isolate as well, and if they are left as they are and the rest of the sky is darkened/ made to look as if it's about to storm, it looks off. Hope my descriptions have been sufficient and I'm looking forward to see what this wonderful community can do!
Thanks!

IMG_1486-2.jpg

JeffK

Guru
Like the others above, really had to do some editing on the overall shot to give the storm-approaching look. And some excellent interpretations above to choose from.
Took a try at it myself with a stormy sky and added a bit of atmosphere to it.
- Jeff
stormy sky edited 2.jpg

Squidward91

omg wow! I'm blown away, they ALL look so good! I see what everyone means about having to adjust the rest of the photo too to match with the sky. Seriously amazing job, a huge THANK YOU to everyone :)